Wednesday 16 March 2011

A CENTURY OF GREAT SHORT SCIENCE FICTION NOVELS

Mayflower paperback, 1970 reprint. Cover art by Josh Kirby.

"The themes which constantly reappear in novels and stories of fantasy and the future are explored in this unique volume with dazzling imagination. Among them are: the co-existence in man of good and evil; the shape and substance of a superman; the time machine; and the manufacture of god in a chemically pure form."

Contents:

The Strange Case Of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson
The Absolute At Large by Karel Capek
Gulf by Robert A Heinlein
E For Effort by T L Sherred
Hunter, Come Home by Richard Mckenna

2 comments:

Bill Miller said...

Glad to see your posts appearing again, thanks. I believe the excellent story "E for Effort" is by T L Sherred.

Unknown said...

Hi Bill,

thanks for the correction! I think my eyes are going.

Hopefully I'll pick up the pace with posting stuff again, I think I'm getting pickier with the books I pick up.