Thursday 9 February 2012

THE TERMINATOR: SECONDARY OBJECTIVES

The Terminator: Secondary Objectives #3, September 1991.
Cover art by Paul Gulacy.

Part two of my nostalgia trip! I only ever had two of the Secondary Objectives trade paperbacks, #3 and #4, so my understanding of the story here is a little disjointed. I think I was eleven years old when I had these (and the comic being published in 1991 would corroborate this), I'm not sure if I could understand any of it at the time. Still, twenty years later here's what I've figured out; a group of soldiers (at the point where I jumped in for #3, it's just two - Astin and Mary) have travelled back in time to alter the present. Pursuing them are a modified human cyborg called Dudley (previously known as I825.M) who at some point between issue #1 and #2 defects, of the other Terminators; one named C890.L is captured and reprogrammed to fight a third pursuant Terminator, a female; Z000.M.

Pencils: Paul Gulacy, Inks: Karl Kesel, Colours: Gregory Wright.

What's funny is, no matter how much damage that female Terminator takes, the clothes (what little there is of them) are undamaged. The chap hiding in the bushes with the dog is one of the soldiers from the future, Astin.

The Terminator: Secondary Objectives #4, October 1991.
Cover art by Paul Gulacy.

Part 4 of Secondary Objectives, in which a reprogrammed C890.L fights a confused Z000.M and, when that's over and done with, Dudley, Astin and Mary head off to find Sarah Connor.

Pencils: Paul Gulacy, Inks: Karl Kesel, Colours: Gregory Wright.

Yeah, KRONG.

No comments: