Thursday 19 August 2010

GALACTIC ODYSSEY

Berkley Medallion paperback, September 1967. Cover painting
by Richard M. Powers.

"IT WAS STRANGE 
enough to begin with - I, Billy Danger, stranded on a planet with the beautiful Lady Raire. After the massacre that took two of our party, we alone were left, waiting to be rescued. 
Hope filled my breast when a spaceship landed, but the batlike dwarfs that emerged, viciously beat me up, grabbed the Lady Raire...And when I came to, they were gone, with her. 
She was my charge - i was responsible for her safety, and i meant to find her, even if i had to Itravel to each and every planet in the galaxy. 
I was a bluff young lad in those days - and might have chosen differently, if i had known what grisly adventures were in store for me in the century's most hair-raising GALACTIC ODYSSEY."

No comments: